Studebaker Starlight Apparel and Accessories by Legend Lines
Studebaker was first an American wagon manufacturer and later became an automobile manufacturer based in South Bend, Indiana. Founded in 1852 under the name of the Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Company, originally a produced of wagons for farmers, miners, and the military. Studebaker entered the automotive business in 1902 with electric vehicles and in 1904 with gasoline vehicles, all sold under the name "Studebaker Automobile Company". The first gasoline automobiles to be fully manufactured by Studebaker were marketed in 1912. Over the next 50 years, the company established a reputation for quality and reliability. After years of financial problems, in 1954 the company merged with luxury carmaker Packard to form Studebaker-Packard Corporation. However, Studebaker's financial problems were worse than the Packard executives thought. The Packard marque was phased out and the company returned to the Studebaker Corporation name in 1962. The South Bend plant ceased production on December 20, 1963, and the last Studebaker automobile rolled off the Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, assembly line on March 16, 1966.