Legend Lines' pledge to you
Legend Lines will:
- NOT sell, rent, or lease your personal information
- NOT keep you on our mailing lists if you have requested to be removed
- NOT share your information with any trading partners unless you have requested information, products, or services that can be best handled by another company
Legend Lines will:
Learn more about
- The types of information we collect
- How we use your information
- Children and personally identifiable information
- Access, accuracy and opt-out rights
- 3rd party use of information collected on this website
- California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- Other important information
1. The types of information we collect
There are two types of information that Legend Lines collects online: (1) personally identifiable information supplied by visitors to our website, and (2) non-personal information gathered as visitors navigate through the website.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity, such as name, address, or email address. Legend Lines collects personally identifiable information from site visitors in the following instances:
- When you place an order on our site, we require you to provide your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and credit card information.
- At the time of ordering, you may also choose to register by creating a user name and password. By registering, you create a user profile which allows us to customize your experience on this website, as well as provide a faster method for you to submit a request for information to www.LegendLines.com and receive back either the information or products desired.
- When you voluntarily provide us with your information via a web form on our website, or while corresponding with us via email.
It is not necessary to provide any personally identifiable information in order to simply browse our website.
Legend Lines routinely gathers non-personal information, including how many people visit this website, the pages they visit, where they come from, how long they stay, their IP address, and the type of browser they used while visiting. None of this information is used to identify you personally.
- A cookie is a small piece of information that a website sends to a visitor's computer and which is then stored on the visitor's hard drive.
- A Web beacon is an electronic image, also known as a clear GIF or a single-pixel (1x1). Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on a visitor's computer, such as a visitor's cookie number, the time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. You may render some Web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies.
- A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. Every time a visitor requests a file or web page an entry is made into our server logs. These files include the HTML files and their imbedded graphic images and any other associated files that are transmitted to Website visitors. Log files can be analyzed and summarized by another program.
Although Legend Lines uses web server logs, web beacons, and cookies on this website, we do not know who any visitor is unless that person specifically tells us.
2. How we use your information
Personally Identifiable Information
Legend Lines may share your personally identifiable information with trusted third party vendors for the sole purpose of facilitating your order. For example, we provide your name, shipping address, phone number, and order information to our shipping carrier. We also may provide your name, billing address, and credit card information to the credit card processor that facilitates the transaction. Legend Lines has strict guidelines requiring all third parties to keep any shared personally identifiable information confidential.
Unless otherwise required by law, or if pertinent to a judicial or governmental investigation, or as voluntarily released by you, your personally identifiable information is not shared with other organizations or persons, other than to organizations or persons assisting us in collecting, assembling or processing this information.
3. Children and personally identifiable information
In accordance with federal law, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under age 13 without the verifiable permission of a parent or guardian. If you are under age 13, you are welcome to browse our web site. However you are not permitted to use any of the features of our site that require the collection of any personally identifiable information. If we determine that we have erroneously collected a child's information, we will immediately undertake to delete that data from our records.
Legend Lines does not sell products to children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase products with a credit card. If you are under 18, you may shop at LegendLines.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Legend Lines and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
4. Access, accuracy and opt-out rights
Legend Lines will make every effort to provide you with access to your personally identifiable information so that you may review, update or correct that information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before enabling you to view your data and/or make corrections. If you have submitted personally identifiable information to Legend Lines and would like it removed or modified, please contact us at contact@LegendLines.com. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
If you don't want Legend Lines to gather non-personal information about you and/or place cookies onto your desktop, you can generally change your cookie and other security settings on your web browser. For more information, please consult your web browser documentation. Please keep in mind that if you choose to prevent Legend Lines from placing cookies onto your desktop, you may not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website.
If you have registered on this website, your personally identifiable information relating to you and your order history are available to you. However, each time you log into your account on this website, you will be required to provide the password that you created at the time you registered. After providing your password, you can edit or delete your information at any time through the "Account info" page.
We will also provide you the opportunity to opt-out at any time of certain or all contact from Legend Lines, and we will do everything we can to honor such requests. This choice will generally be offered at the bottom of our on-line or off-line communications to you. If you have any difficulty exercising your choices, please contact us at contact@LegendLines.com, or you may contact us via the following methods:
Legend Lines Inc.
18899 Wildflower Way, Riverside CA 92504
Local or international: (310) 356-6177
The security of your information is very important to us. Legend Lines follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We use state-of-the-art data encryption technology to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of your user information. Secure Socket Layers (SSLs) encrypt the information sent between your computer and our database.
To be sure you're browsing secure pages, check your Web browser's status bar (located at the bottom of the window) for the closed padlock icon. This icon appears in the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox to tell you that you are viewing a secure web page. Also, all browsers display an "s" after the "http" (https://..) in the Website address to indicate that you're in a secure environment.
Credit Card Fraud Warranty
We guarantee that every online transaction you make will be 100% safe. This means you pay nothing if unauthorized charges are made to your card as a result of shopping at our online store. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank generally cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this $50.00, we will cover the entire liability for you, up to the full $50.00. We will only cover this liability if the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made while using the secure server. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, please contact contact@LegendLines.com
6. 3rd party use of information collected on this website
The Legend Lines website may contain links to other sites. We do not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those sites.
Legend Lines may share your personally identifiable information with trusted third party vendors for the sole purpose of facilitating your order. For example, we provide your name, shipping address, phone number, and order information to our shipping carrier. We also may provide your name, billing address, and credit card information to the credit card processor that facilitates the transaction. We also may grant limited access to your name and email address to the agency that deploys emails and other marketing campaigns on our behalf for the purpose of improving our marketing outreach programs. Legend Lines has strict guidelines requiring all third parties to keep any shared personally identifiable information confidential.
Legend Lines may employ additional third parties to provide marketing services on our behalf. With our approval, these third parties may also place "cookies" onto your computer for analysis purposes. These third party companies will have access to the information needed to perform their functions but cannot use that information for any other purpose. These third party companies will only have access to non-personal information about your visit or transaction, such as the URLS which lead you to and around our website, the pages visited, the product(s) purchased, and the amount spent. These companies will not have access to information that will allow them to personally identify you.
7. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘edit profile’ page. (If they are a registered user)
8. Other important information
If you have any questions that are not answered by this policy, or would like more information about any aspect of this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org